Vermont Precision Tools, Inc. (VPT) was founded in 1968. VPT manufactures knock-out pins, ejector pins, perforators, special punches and virtually any precision round and ground pins used by the cold heading, powder metal industries as well as the tool and die shops that service them.
Vermont Gage was formed in 1980. The Gage division manufactures a wide range of gage pins and sets. In 1989, the line expanded to include Class X which gave us the capacity to manufacture to tolerances within 20 millionths. Additionally, they have expanded the types of gages offered to their customers by adding taperlock gages, ring gages, and thread ring gages. Their Thread manufacturing division is in a state of the art manufacturing facility in Franklin, Kentucky and their main manufacturing and sales operations have recently moved into their new state of the art facility in Swanton, Vermont. Vermont Gage manufactures 98% of the products they sell. Vermont Gage’s success has been built on quality products, competitive price and delivery, technical expertise, innovative marketing, working with distributors and end users to develop value added programs.
Vermont Gage is a fully responsible manufacturer:
- They have a 2nd generation management team which includes; Quality Assurance, Inventory Control, MIS, Maintenance and Human Resources
- Their more than 180 employees include an Inside Sales / Customer Service Department, and Technical Support Department
- Their VP of thread manufacturing serves on the National Standards committees (ANSI)
- They are active in National Trade Association ( ISMA / IDA & AMTMA
- Quality, Safety and value are inherent in the manufacture of all their products
- Materials and processes are monitored and all products are inspected for conformance to established quality standards
- They are ‘ISO 9001:2000’ and ‘ISO 17025’ certified
- Vermont Gage has adopted the measurement dispute resolution methods endorsed by the AMTMA
- A continuous program of product development and improvement is sustained to provide the capability to meet future needs of their customers
- All members of the Vermont Gage family operate as a team in a climate of mutual respect and trust
- Vermont Gage is pro active in local communities
- Through fundraising efforts, employees raise thousands of dollars for local charities each year
Learn more at vermontgage.com