The new IOS 12 is out, and Apple has added a few new features. One of the newest features is an AR Measurement App that allows you to measure things with your phone. We tested it immediately and compiled a list of what would be the best and least applicable uses of the new App.
At first glance, it seemed to measure pretty accurately. We decided to measure our gage blocks to see how accurate it actually is and here’s what we found its proper usage to be.
- Measuring boxes for shipping
- Measuring pictures for frame sizing
- Deciding if the Couch will fit through the door frame
- Estimating someone’s height
- Measuring large objects, i.e. buildings
- Measuring anything that requires accuracy of ± 2″
If you need precision, give us a call and let us handle it! We can make sure your measurement tools are calibrated and in some cases, we can even measure it for you.
If you’re in need of help or more information, please feel free to contact us anytime at (815)356–5839 or email info@AmericanCalibration.com
Also, find us at